Food is life, food safety is not far behind. At our Qingdao Concord Sino-Canada School cafeteria, we follow a strict and standardized hygienic operation. Our bright and spacious dining hall offers a warm, comfortable homey environment with clean and tidy dining tables. Our hard-working restaurant service staff use the word, “strength,” to define the school cafeteria.
STRENGTH (1) Management Standardization
1. Uniform: Kitchen staff have standard uniforms , a chef hat, a face mask, an apron, and the female staff are required to comb their hair.
2. All kitchen staff must have a health certificate to work;
3. Vegetable inspection report, poultry quarantine certificate, delivery receipt and weekly quotation are the responsibility of a designated person;
Strength (2) Standardization of Ingredients
1. Do not use expired, overnight, stale ingredients, and non-inspected products;
2. Use non-GMO cooking oil, ingredients, no iodized salt, green healthy vegetables, etc.;
3. Uniform centralized procurement, select cooperative suppliers, signed supply contracts and safety responsibility letters, and obtain relevant business licenses, food business licenses, tax registration certificates and other relevant documents;
4. Do not use food additives;
5. The ingredients should be kept in the sample cabinet for 48 hours and made available for food safety monitoring;
Strength (3) Sanitary standardization1. Restaurant staff health
(1) All kitchen workers must pass the local hospital or the epidemic prevention department for their physical health and obtain a health certificate before they start their work
(2) The clothes have to be clean and tidy, no long hair ;long nails; or beard; often wash hair and clothes; do not tilt hat, wear clothes properly or do not button your uniform; wear work uniforms, wear a mask and chef hat.
(3) Wash hands with hand sanitizer before preparing food, and use food service gloves or food serving utensils to avoid direct skin contact.
(4) Do not smoke in the kitchen or dining room; Do not spit, wash clothes, socks and other items in the dish sinks.
(5) It is necessary to report sickness of staff and stop their work.2. Kitchen hygiene
(1) Cutting boards, knives, pots, scoops, buckets, pots and other utensils should be cleaned before and after use, and disinfected according to regulations; kitchen knives and chopping boards should be separated by cooked and uncooked food; knives for cooked food should be disinfected with boiling water every day; cutting boards must use boiling water to disinfect.
(2) Clean the working area, the floors and dispose of garbage in a timely manner.
(3) Washing machines, sinks, shelves, fume hoods, steaming cabinets, stoves, etc. must be cleaned daily.
(4) Oil, salt, soy sauce and other ingredients should be sealed before finishing work
(5) Pay special attention to disposing dead remnants and preventing mice, flies and cockroaches from contaminating food.
(6) Clean the refrigerators regularly, at least once a month.
3. Restaurant hygiene
(1) The floor must be kept free of garbage and water; keep it clean and dry.
(2) Every morning, afternoon, and evening, the cafeteria must be cleaned before and after meals, keeping the restaurant site clean with detergent, ensuring that no flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches and vermin are discouraged from the cafeteria.
(3) Regular cleaning of walls, doors and windows, fans, lights, etc.
(4) Weekly cleaning. cleaning the counter tops and the floor with detergent, to prevent infestation of flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches, and vermin in the cafeteria.
(5) The person in charge is responsible for recycling the utensils, and that leftovers must be transported away in a timely manner to ensure no offensive odors.
Strength (4) Variety of Recipes
Students are in a period of vigorous growth and development and therefore, require good nutrition. When the school arranges the students’ meals, it is important to meet their nutritional needs. At the same time, students should develop good eating habits and eat the appropriate proportions of what is prepared. The cafeteria prepares a weekly menu for the students, and changes the menu according to the season.
Strength (5) Security Awareness1. Mechanical equipment safety
Equipment warning signs, safety operation procedures, etc. are fully implemented; all mechanical equipment maintenance and repairs are performed on a timely basis ; all designated employees follow safe operating procedures; and any maintenance problems are dealt with in a timely manner;
2. Electrical safety
The distribution box and cabinet have good grounding protection, maintained by a designated individual; warning signs are posted; no flammables, explosives and other debris inside, and equipped with the appropriate fire-fighting equipment;
3. Fire safety
The fire-fighting facilities and equipment are fully equipped and effective, with no obstructions; identified safety exits and fire evacuation passages are kept open.
Strength (six) Dining Standardization
1. Meal personnel should not enter the cafeteria outside their working hours. Special circumstances should be reported to the office in advance.
2. “Praise thrift and shame waste”, diners should take appropriate portions, and should not waste food.
3. The diners must keep the restaurant environment clean, respectful and harmonious, and must not spit,litter, smoke, drink alcohol and scream in the cafeteria.
4. After eating, the diners should clean up their area for the next group of diners.
5. The diners must respect the cafeteria equipment and facilities, and must not damage the tables, dining chairs, tableware and other items; it is strictly forbidden to remove anything from the cafeteria.
6. After the meal is finished, the leftover scraps should be poured into the designated bucket, the tableware should be placed in the recycling place, and the cafeteria should be exited to make room for others to use.
7. The Student Office is responsible for the management of the cafeteria. It is necessary to prevent any violation of cafeteria rules and notify the offenders.
8. A camera is installed in the cafeteria. The student office regularly checks the video files, and publicizes the screenshots of the people who have violate the cafeteria rules.
Students' school meal are always a concern for their families, which reflects on the quality of school teachers and the students studying and living in the school, As a result, QCCSC pays great attention to the management of its cafeteria, focusing on the needs of both its teachers and students; constantly improving the standards of the cafeteria and striving to provide the best for its students.